DAY 1: NARITA/HANEDA AIRPORT - TOKYO
Upon arrival at Narita/Haneda Airport, clear customs and immigration before boarding a transfer service to your accommodation in Tokyo for 3 nights. Transfer services can be provided from either Narita or Haneda Airports in Tokyo. Additionally JTB can arrange early check in or prior accommodation and any other arrangements before the tour begins.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 2: TOKYO
After breakfast your Japan journey begins with a full day sightseeing tour of Tokyo, Japan's capital. Visit some of the major sights including Tokyo Sky Tree with 360 panoramic views of the city, Tsukiji Fish Markets and Asakusa Kannon Temple - Tokyo's most famous Buddhist Temple & Nakamise Shopping Arcade. Welcome dinner at a local restaurant in the evening.
DAY 3: TOKYO - MT FUJI HAKONE - TOKYO
Today embark on a full day of sightseeing visiting the Hakone and Lake Ashi region. Visit Mt Fuji, Japan’s national icon. Drive up to the Mt Fuji 5th station of the mountain and its viewing spots. Enjoy a cruise on lake Ashi, then ride the ropeway for a sectacular panoramic view of Mt. Fuji and surrounding area. Return to Tokyo early evening.
DAY 4: TOKYO - NAGASAKI
Take a domestic flight to Nagasaki city. After arrival at Nagasaki Airport, transfer to hotel by coach. Nagasaki is located on the west coast of Japan's Kyushu Island and is known for it's volcanoes, beautiful offshore islands, historic buildings and hotsprings. Luggage transfer from Tokyo to Hiroshima. Travel with an overnight bag for 2 nights 3 days.
DAY 5: NAGASAKI
Full day sightseeting by coach visiting famous places in Nagasaki including Old Glover Garden and Peace Memorial Museum. Glover Garden is an open air museum that exibits several of the city's former foreign residents and buildings. The main attraction is the Glover House, the oldest wodden Western-style building in Japan.
DAY 6: NAGASAKI - HIROSHIMA
Travel by train to Hiroshima. Upon arrival visit Miyajima Island, World Heritage listed Itsukushima Shinto Shrine. The striking red shrine and it's torii gate are unique for being built over water, seemingly floating in the sea during high tide. Then visitng Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Atomic Bomb Dome.
DAY 7: HIROSHIMA - KYOTO
Take the JR bullet train to Kyoto city via Himeji. Visit Himeji Castle, also known as the White Heron Castle due to it's elegant, white apperance considered one of Japan's most spectacular castles. In the afternoon continue onto Kyoto city. Luggage transfer from Hiroshima to Kyoto. Travel with an overnight bag for 1 night 2 days.
DAY 8: KYOTO
Full day sightseeing in Kyoto by chartered coach, visiting the Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), Heian Jingu Shrine, Sanjusangendo Hall and Yasaka Jinja. Experience a traditional tea ceremony. Kyoto city offers plenty of incredibly well preserved remnants of a time long gone, from countless Buddhist temples to hundreds of Shinto shrines, each has its own unique story to discover.
DAY 9: KYOTO
Optional sightseeing with tour escort by public transportaton, visiting Arashiyama and Sagano area (Bamboo Grove), Zen temple and Togetsukyo Bridge. The Arashiyama Bamboo Grove is one of Kyoto's top sights and for good reason. Standing amid the soaring bamboo stalks is like being in another world. Dinner tonight at a local restaurant in Kyoto.
DAY 10: KYOTO - OSAKA - KYOTO
Free day in Osaka today. Osaka is a vibrant city known for it's amazing casual food, shopping malls and nightlife. It's arguably Japan's street food capital, and among food lovers famous for it's snacks including takoyaki and okonomiyaki.
DAY 11: KYOTO - KANAZAWA
Depart for Kanazawa by JR limited express. Upon arrival at Kanazawa, optional sightseeing by coach, visiting Kenrokuen Garden and Nomura Samurai House. Kanazawa is known for its well-preserved Edo-era districts, art museums and handicrafts. Kenrokuen Garden is one of the 3 top gardens in Japan. Luggage transfer from Kyoto to Takayama. Travel with an overnight bag for 1 night 2 days.
DAY 12: KANAZAWA - TAKAYAMA
Travel to Shirakawago, one of Japan's UNESCO World Heritage Sites by coach. Shirakawago was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1995. Once you arrive, the Gassho-style houses and beautiful, nostalgic surrounds will make you feel as though you have stepped back in time. Travel onto Takayama. Upon arrival explore Sanmachi Historic District famous for it's preserved streets.
DAY 13: TAKAYAMA - TATEYAMA
Travel by coach to Tateyama Station. Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, a unique, scenic mountain route through the Northern Japan Alps. Here enjoy a cable car ride to Bijodairaa and take the hightland bus to Murodo. Arrive Murodo and walk to your hotel.
DAY 14: TATEYAMA - MATSUMOTO
Another full day in Tateyama before travelling onto Nagano. Enjoy a trolly bus ride through Tateyama Tunnel. Take the ropeway to Kurobedaira and cable ride from Kurobedaira to Kurobeko. Visit Kurobe Dam, a spectacular feature of enginerring. Take another trolly bus to Ogisawa. Upon arrival at Ogisawa Station transfer to accommodation.
DAY 15: MATSUMOTO - SENDAI
Full day sightseeing in Matsumoto by coach visiting Matsumoto Castle, one of Japan's premier historic casltes and Daio Wasabi Farm. Then transfer to Nagano station and take the train north all the way to Sendai (via Omiya). Luggage transfer from Matsumoto to Sendai. Travel with an overnight bag for 1 night 2 days.
DAY 16: SENDAI
Optional sightseeing with tour escort by public transportaton, boarding Matsushima Bay Cruise, enjoying panoramic views on the bay, where around 260 islands can be seen at a glance. Also visit Godaido Hall and Zuiganji Temple.
DAY 17: SENDAI - AOMORI
Today travel to Aomori via Akita and Hirosaki by train. This will take a full day. Luggage transfer from Sendai to Aomori. Travel with an overnight bag for 1 night 2 days.
DAY 18: AOMORI
Full day sightseeing tour of Aomori by coach. Visit Oirase and take a cruise on Lake Towada. Aomori prefecture is the northern most prefecture in Japan's Tohoku region, commanding a cast coastline stretching out north, east and west. It's known for it's abundandt nature, apple production and summertime Nebuta festivals.
DAY 19: AOMORI - HAKODATE
Travel to Hakodate by bullet train. Visit Hakodateyama Mountain after hotel check-in before dark. On a clear night the views from the mountain are spectacular over the city and bay and included among Japan's three best night views. Luggage transfer from Aomori to Tokyo. Travel with an overnight bag for 1 night 2 days.
DAY 20: HAKODATE - TOKYO
Walk around Motomachi area before heading to the airport. The Motomachi neighbourhood is full of historical buildings such as churches and foreign residences. The exotic atmosphere of the streetscape and the sweeping views of the port from the slopes give the area a picturesque flavor. Take a domestic flight back to Tokyo and transfer to hotel by train.
DAY 21: TOKYO - NARITA/ HANEDA AIRPORT
Your tour finishes today after breakfast. Hotel rooms are available until the regular check-out time. Transfer to Osaka Kansai or Itami Airport is included after the tour concludes. Additionally JTB can arrange late check or any other travel arrangements after the tour finishes.
- 20 nights accommodation with daily breakfast
- 2 lunches and 3 dinners
- Return airport transfers
- Train station to hotel transfers where required
- Tokyo 1 day tour
- Kyoto 1 day tour
- 2 days Tateyama, Kurobe Alpine route tour
- Japan Rail Pass 14-day Economy Class
- Suica prepaid IC card
- Domestic flights from Tokyo - Nagasaki and Hakodate - Tokyo
- 6 luggage transfers: Tokyo - Hiroshima, Hiroshima - Kyoto, Kyoto - Takayama, Nagano - Sendai, Aomori - Tokyo
- Tokyo Mitsui Garden Hotel Gotanda
- Hilton Nagasaki
- Daiwa Roynet Hotel Hiroshima Ekimae
- Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Ekimae
- Hotel Mystays Premier or Hotel Vista Kanazawa
- Washington Hotel Plaza or Hotel Wing International Takayama
- Hotel Tateyama
- Hotel Buena Vista Matsumoto
- Hotel Metropolitan Sendai
- Hotel JAL City Aomori
- Hotel & Spa Century Marina Hakodate
- Tokyo Mitsui Garden Hotel Gotanda
- A fair amount of walking is involved on this tour.
- Hotels are subject to change of the same category
- Daily schedule is subject to change due to weather, transport or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- Minimum 10 persons for the tour to operate, maximum 21. *Child reduction prices are also available, please contact JTB.
- Double rooms can be requested upon booking. Request base only.
- Single supplement has been calculated based on Single Room use. Twin room single use will be required additional charge.
- Non smoking rooms may not be available at some properties, in which case the rooms will be deodorised.
- Please note that some of the properties/restaurants on this tour may not be able to cater for special dietary requirements.
- JTB does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. However, the locations visited during a JTB Fully Escorted Tour may involve a considerable amount of walking and climbing stairs. JTB recommends that travellers with disabilities be accompanied by their own assistant, capable of providing all necessary assistance. JTB Fully Escorted Tours do not include special assistance to participants with disabilities. JTB reserves the right to refuse participation in Fully Escorted Tours if it considers that such participation is reasonably likely to impose an unjustifiable hardship on JTB or its personnel. Alternatively, JTB would be pleased to organise Independent Tours for travellers with special needs.