DAY 1: NARITA/HANEDA AIRPORT - TOKYO
Upon arrival at Narita/Haneda Airport, clear customs and immigration before boarding a transfer service to your accommodation in Tokyo for 3 nights. Transfer services can be provided from either Narita or Haneda Airports in Tokyo. Additionally JTB can arrange early check in or prior accommodation and any other arrangements before the tour begins.
DAY 2: TOKYO
After breakfast your Japan journey begins with a full day sightseeing tour of Tokyo, Japan's capital. Visit some of the major sights including Tokyo Sky Tree with 360 panoramic views of the city, Tsukiji Fish Markets and Asakusa Kannon Temple - Tokyo's most famous Buddhist Temple. Drive by some of the famous shopping districts such as Ginza and Akihabara. The day will conclude late afternoon where you will have the evening free to explore the vibrant city.
DAY 3: TOKYO
This morning visit two of Tokyo's most energetic and vibrant districts, Shibuya and Harajuku! Shibuya is famous for its scramble crossing, located infront of the station and stops vehicles in all directions to allow pedestians to inundate the entire intersection. Harajuku is the hub for Japanese pop culture. You'll find plenty of fashion boutiques, thrift stores, themed cafes and much more. Also here visit the famous Meiji Jingu shrine. Afternoon free at leisure to enjoy some shoppoing.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 4: TOKYO - HAKONE MT FUJI
Today embark on a full day of sightseeing visiting the Hakone and Lake Ashi region. Visit Mt Fuji, Japan’s national icon. Drive up to the Mt Fuji 5th station of the mountain and its viewing spots. Enjoy a cruise on lake Ashi, then ride the ropeway for a sectacular panoramic view of Mt. Fuji and surrounding area. After sightseeing, arrive at your accommodation (Japanese style room) and enjoy a delicious dinner with your tour escort and group. Luggage transfer from Tokyo to Takayama. Travel with an overnight bag for 1 night 2 days.
DAY 5: HAKONE - TAKAYAMA
Today, travel to Takayama by train.Takayama is one of the most charming and historic cities in all of Japan. The city is bult around the beautifully preserved Sanmachi Suji district. You will have the afternoon and evening free to explore this beautiful little town. For dinner you might like to try the famous “Hida-gyu” beef, a speciality dish in Takayama. Accommodation in Takayama for 2 nights.
DAY 6: TAKAYAMA
This morning visit Hida Folk Village (Hida no Sato). An open-air museum which preserves more than 30 buildings up to 200 years old for visitors to explore and showcase what life was like centuries ago.
DAY 7: TAKAYAMA - GOKAYAMA - KANAZAWA
Depart Takayama city by bus and visit a very remote village in the beautiful Gokayama region, Ainokura village. Ainokura was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1995. Once you arrive, the Gassho-style houses and beautiful, nostalgic surrounds will make you feel as though you have stepped back in time. The region is well known for it's washi paper, and so you will get to experience the art of making it! Travel onto Kanazawa and stay overnight. Luggage transfer from Takayama to Hiroshima. Travel with an overnight bag for 2 nights 3 days.
DAY 9: OSAKA - HIROSHIMA
Osaka is a vibrant city known for it's amazing casual food, shopping malls and nightlife. It's arguably Japan's street food capital, and among food lovers famous for it's snacks including takoyaki and okonomiyaki. This day will include a full day of sightseeing visiting Osaka Castle, Dotombori and Umeda Sky Building. In the afternoon travel to Hiroshima city by JR bullet train. Accommodation in Hiroshima for 2 nights.
DAY 10: HIROSHIMA
Today is a full day of sightseeing. First up Miyajima Island's Itsukushima Shinto Shrine. The striking red shrine and it's torii gate are unique for being built over water, seemingly floating in the sea during high tide. Then onto Hiroshima city visitng the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome (World Heritage listed).
DAY 11: HIROSHIMA - HIMEJI - KYOTO
In the morning depart for Kyoto city via Himeji on the JR bullet train. Upon arrival visit the famous Himeji Castle, also known as the White Heron Castle due to it's elegant, white apperance considered one of Japan's most spectacular castles. In the afternoon continue onto Kyoto. Accommodation in Kyoto for 3 nights. Luggage transfer from Hiroshima to Kyoto. Travel with an overnight bag for 1 night 2 days.
DAY 12: KYOTO
Kyoto city offers plenty of incredibly well preserved remnants of a time long gone, from countless Buddhist temples to hundreds of Shinto shrines, each has its own unique story to discover. Today is a full day of sightseeing visiting Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), Nijo Castle and Sanjusangendo. Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony experience. Lunch is included today.
DAY 13: KYOTO
Free day today to explore more of Kyoto city and it's surrounds. Farewell dinner tonight at a local restaurant.
DAY 14: KYOTO
Your tour finishes today after breakfast. Hotel rooms are available until the regular check-out time. Transfer to Osaka Kansai or Itami Airport is included after the tour concludes. Additionally JTB can arrange late check or any other travel arrangements after the tour finishes.
- 13 nights accommodation with daily breakfast
- 5 lunches, 2 dinners
- Train fares, standard class seats
- Suica metro card
- Arrival transfer from Tokyo Narita or Haneda Airport to your Tokyo hotel
- Departure transfer to Osaka Kansai or Itami airport after tour concludes
- Tokyo 1 day tour & half day tour
- Fuji & Hakone 1 day tour
- Takayama half day tour
- Gokayama half day tour
- Kanazawa half day city tour
- Osaka half day tour
- Hiroshima & Miyajima 1 day tour
- Himeji half day tour
- Kyoto 1 day tour and tea ceremony experience
- 3 luggage transfer services (Tokyo - Takayama, Takayama - Hiroshima, Hiroshima - Kyoto)
- Tokyo Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa (Deluxe Room)
- Hakone Yunohana Prince Hotel (Japanese style room)
- Takayama Hida Hotel Plaza
- Kanazawa ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Osaka Hotel Hankyu Respire
- Hiroshima Hotel Granvia
- Kyoto Century (Grand Comfort room)
- A fair amount of walking is involved on this tour.
- Hotels are subject to change of the same category
- Daily schedule is subject to change due to weather, transport or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- Minimum 10 persons for the tour to operate, maximum 21. *Child reduction prices are also available, please contact JTB.
- Double rooms can be requested upon booking. Request base only.
- Single supplement has been calculated based on Single Room use. Twin room single use will be required additional charge.
- Non smoking rooms may not be available at some properties, in which case the rooms will be deodorised.
- Please note that some of the properties/restaurants on this tour may not be able to cater for special dietary requirements.
- JTB does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. However, the locations visited during a JTB Fully Escorted Tour may involve a considerable amount of walking and climbing stairs. JTB recommends that travellers with disabilities be accompanied by their own assistant, capable of providing all necessary assistance. JTB Fully Escorted Tours do not include special assistance to participants with disabilities. JTB reserves the right to refuse participation in Fully Escorted Tours if it considers that such participation is reasonably likely to impose an unjustifiable hardship on JTB or its personnel. Alternatively, JTB would be pleased to organise Independent Tours for travellers with special needs.